Department of Plant Nutrition,China Agricultural University
Current position:Professor, Ph.D, Dean of the College ofResources and Environmental Sciences
Address: College of Resources and Environmental Sciences
China Agricultural University, Beijing 100094, P. R. China
Telephone: 0086-10-62732499Fax: 0086-10-62731016
E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
1986-1990: Institute of Plant Nutrition, Hohenheim University, Germany, Ph. D.
1982-1985: Department of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition, Beijing
Agricultural University, China, MSc. degree
1978-1982: Department of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition. Northwest
Agricultural University, China, BSc. degree
- 1985-1986: Department of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition, Lecturer
- 1991-1992: Department of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition, Associate Professor
- Since 1993: College of Agricultural Resources and Environmental Sciences, Professor
- Chinese, English, German
- 1981-1986: Research on improvement of soil phosphate availability by using organic materials.
- 1986-1990: Research on the mechanism of Zn mobilization and uptake by different plant species
- 1990-1991: Study on the physiological and genetic mechanism of nutrient efficiency in wheat
- 1991-1993: Projects of The National Nature Science Foundation of China and National Education Commission Foundation on Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystem
- 1992-1996: The key project of The National Nature Science Foundation of China in Genotypic Difference and Importance of Root Exudation in Nutrient Mobilization in Rhizosphere
- 1993-1996: The key project of The National Nature Science Foundation of China for an outstanding young scientist on the Role of Root Exudates in Nutrient Mobilization and Uptake by Different Plant Species
- 1993-1996: The key project of trans-century training program foundation for the talents by The State Education Commission on Adaptive Mechanism of Higher Plants to P- and Fe-Deficiencies.
- 1997-1999: The Key project of The National Nature Science Foundation of China for an outstanding young scientist on Mechanism of Nutrient Mobilization in Rhizosphere and its Importance in Chinese Agriculture
- 1997-2000: The Key project of The National Nature Science Foundation of China on Plant Physiological and Rhizosphere Chemical Mechanisms of Phosphate Mobilization by Different Genotypes of Wheat Plants
Research Publications ( 22 selected from 104 papers)
1. Zhang, F. S. et al., 1989, Release of zinc and iron mobilizing root exudates by zinc deficient wheat. Z. Pflanzenernaehr. Bodenkd. 152:205-210.
2. Zhang, F.S. et al., 1990, Mobilization of iron by phytosiderophores as affected by other micronutrients. Plant Soil, 130:173-178.
3. Zhang, F. S. et al., 1991. Role of root apoplasm for iron acquisition by wheat plants. Plant Physiol. 97: 1302-1305
4. Zhang, F.S. et al., 1991, Release of zinc mobilizing root exudates from various plant species as affected by zinc nutritional status. J. Plant Nutr. 14: 675-686
5. Zhang, F.S.et al.,1991,Diurnal pattern in release of phytosiderophores and uptake rate of zinc in iron deficient and iron sufficient wheat. Soil Sci. Plant Nutr. 37: 671- 98
6. Zhang, F. S. et al., 1993. Mobilization of iron and manganese by plant-borne and synthetic metal chelators. Plant and Soil 155/156: 111-114
7. Li Huafen, Zhang Fusuo and Mao Daru, 1997. Effect of ferric hydroxide on root surface and phytosiderophore on cadmium uptake by wheat plants. China Environmental Science. 17(5):433-436
8. Su Dechun, Zhang Fusuo and J. W. Wong, 1997. The growth of agropyron elongatum in an artificial soil mix with coal fly ash and sewage sludge. China J. Appl. Environ. Biol. 3(3):230-335
9. Fan Xiaolin, Zhang Yiping, Juang Tzochuan and Zhang Fusuo, 1997. Thermo dynamic properties of NH+4 fixation in manured loess soil in Shaanxi province, China. Pedosphere, Science Press. 7(1): 49-58
10. Zhang, F. S., Ma, J., Cao, Y. P., 1997. Phosphorus deficiency enhances root exudation of low-molecular organic acids and utilization of sparingly soluble inorganic phosphates by radish (Raghanus satiuvs L.) and rape(Brassica napus L.) plants. Plant and Soil. 196:261-264 1997
11. Zhang, X. K., Zhang, F. S., Mao, D. R., 1998. Effect of iron plaque outside roots on nutrient uptake by rice (Oryza sativa L.) zinc uptake by Fe- deficient rice. Plant and Soil. 202:33-39
12. Zhang, X. K., Yi, C. L., Zhang, F. S., 1999. Iron accumulation in root apoplasm of dicotyledonous and graminaceous species grown on calcareous soil. New Phytol. 141:27-31
13. Shen, Z. G., Zhang, F. Q., Zhang, F. S., 1998. Toxicity of copper and zinc in seedlings of mung bean and inducing accumulation of polyamine. J. Plant Nutrition. 21(6):1153-1162
14. Shen, J. B., Zhang, F. S., Huang, Q., Mao, D. R., 1998. Determination of organic acids in root exudates by high performance liquid chromatography: 1.Development and assessment of chromatographic conditions. Pedosphere. 8(2): 97 -104
15. Shen, J. B., Zhang, F. S. And Mao, D. R., 1999. Determination of organic Acids in Root Exudates by High performance Liquid Chromatography: II. Influence of Several Testing Conditions. Pedosphere. 9(1):45-52
16. Wang, Z. Y., Tang, Y. L. and Zhang, F. S., 1999. Effect of Molybdenum on Growth and Nitrate Reductase Activity of Winter Wheat Seedlings as Influced by Temperature and Nitrogen Treatments. 22(2): 387-395
17. Wang, Z. Y., Tang, Y. L., Wang, H.., 1999. Effect of boron and low temperature on membrane integrity of cucumber leaves. J. Plant Nutrition. 22(3): 543-550
18. Li, L., Yang, S. C., Li, X. L., Zhang F. S. and Peter, C., 1999. Interspecific complementary and competitive interactions between intercropped maize and faba bean. Plant and Soil. 212:105-114
19. Wang, J. G., Zhang, F. S., Cao, Y. P. and Zhang, X. L., 2000. Effect of Plant Types on Release of Mineral Potassium from Gneiss. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems 56:37-44
20. Ming, F., Zheng, F., Mi, G. H., He, P. Zhu, L. H. And Zhang F. S., 2000. Identification of quantitative trait loci affecting tolerance to low phosphorus in rice (Oryza Sativa L.). Chinese Science Bulletin. 45(6) 520-524
21. Wang, J.G., Zhang, F. S., Zhang, X. L., Cao, Y. P., 2000. Release of Potassium from K-Bearing minerals: Effect of Plant Roots under P Deficiency. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems. 56:45-52
22.Ming F.,Zheng X., Mi G., Zhu L., Zhang F.2001. Detection and vertification of quantitative trait loci affecting tolerance to low phosphorus in rice. J. Plant Nutr. 24(9):1399-1408
Books edited and translated
1. German-Chinese Agricultural Dictionary. 1992, Publisher of Agri. Uni. Pekinensis
2. Ecophysiology and Genetics of Plant Nutrition. 1993, Sino- Scientific Press (in Chinese)
3. Soil Resource and Its Use. 1992, Publisher of Agri. Uni. Pekinensis (in Chinese)
4. Environmental Stress and Plant Nutrition. 1993, Publisher of Agri. Uni. Pek. (in Chinese)
5. Chinese-German Agricultural Dictionary, 1994. Academic Press (in Chinese)
6. Genetics of Plant Mineral Nutrition. 1996. Agricultural Press (in Chinese)
7. Rhizosphere Dynamics under Environmental Stress. 1998. Agricultural Press (in Chinese)
- 1987: Seminar on rhizosphere dynamics in Munich, Germany
- 1987: 3rd Intern. Symposium on Genetic Aspects of Plant Nutrition, Brauschweig, Germany.
- 1988: Seminar on rhizosphere dynamics in Brauschweig, Germany
- 1989: 5th Intern. Symposium on Interaction of Iron in Plant and Soil Jeruslem, Israel.
- 1989: Seminar on rhizosphere dynamics in Bayreuth, Germany
- 1991: Intern. Symposium on Balance Fertilization of S, Mg and micronutrients Sichuan, China.
- 1993: Intern. Symposium on Zinc in Plants and Soils, Perth. Australia
- 1993: 12th Intern. Colloquium on Plant Nutrition, Perth, Australia.
- 1996: International symposium on Soil, Human and Environment Interactions, Nanjing, China
- 1997: 9th International Symposium on Iron Interaction in Soils and Plants. Hohenheim. Germany
- 1997: 3RD Asia-Pacific Conference on Plant Physiology, Shanghai, China
- 1997: XIII Internation Plant Nutrition Colloquium, Tokyo, Japan
International co-operation projects
- 1986-1989: China-Germany (CIAD Program) Establishment of a System for Efficient Fertilizer Use.
- 1989-1994: China-Germany (CIAD Program) Studies on Methods of Fertilization Recommendation under Aspects of Crop Production and Environmental Protection.
- 1993-1995: China-Germany N Cycling in soil-plant system by using organic waste
- 1993-1994: China-Germany Ecological and Sozio-economical Aspects of the Fertilization in Private Vegetable Production in the Beijing Suburbs.
- 1993-1995: China-IPI K Fertilization Recommendation of Vegetable Crops in Beijing Suburbs.
- 1996-2000: China-BASF Company Application of compound fertilizers in vegetables and apple trees in Shandong province
- 1998-2001: China-Germany Study on Sustainable Agriculture in North China Plain
- 1999-2001: China-Australia Exploitation of genetic potential of wheat to efficiently take up and utilize soil phosphorus
Membership and so on
- President and Member of International Plant Nutrition Council,
- Council Member of Soil Science Society of China,
- Council Member of Plant Nutrition and Fertilizer Science Society of China,
- Council member of International Conference on Sustainable Agriculture for Food, Energy and Industry June 22-28, 1997.
- Council Member of XIII International Plant Nutrition Colloquium. Sept. 13-19. 1997, Tokyo, Japan.
- Council Member of 3rd Asia-Pacific Conference on Plant Physiology, Nov. 3-7, 1997,
- Chairman of International Symposium on Phosphorus Cycling in the Soil-Plant Continuum, 17-23, September, 2000, Beijing, China.
- Council Member of XIV International Plant Nutrition Colloquium, July, 28-August 4, 2001, Hannover, Germany.
- 1992: Award of the Outstanding Young Scientist from State Science Association of China
- 1993: Award of the Outstanding Young Scientist from National Nature Science Foundation of China
- 1993: Award of the Talents of Young Scientist from State Education Commission of China
- 1994: Award of Medal of Young Scientist from Beijing Government.
- 1995: Award of the Talents of Young Scientist from National Nature Science Foundation of China
- 1995: Award of the creative research on The Role of Rhizosphere Dynamics in Plant Adaptation to Nutrient Stress from The State Education Commission of China
- 1997: Award of the Ministry of Agriculture on Development of Intergrated and Optimized Fertilization Technology for Sustainable Crop Production
- 1997: Award of the outstanding young scientist from The National Nature Science Foundation of China
- 2001, Award of "Changjiang River Scholar", Ministry of Education, P.R.China